Step into Spring with Choco Coconut Panna Cotta!
March 09, 2015
If the weather at the weekend was anything to go by, then spring has most definitely sprung and we can start to look forward to the summer! We thought we would share with you a perfect summer recipe to get you ready for the glorious weather (or to make you feel summery even if it's bad...!). Our Choco Coconut Panna Cotta with Choco Leibniz Dark is simple and quick to make, and makes a delicious dessert for all the family!
Choco Coconut Panna Cotta
- For the Panna Cotta:
- 6 x gelatine leaves
- 1 x 400 ml tin coconut milk, unsweetened
- 200ml whipping cream
- 75g sugar
- 2 tsp bourbon vanilla sugar
- Peel of ½ lime
- 50ml fresh lime juice
- 1 x 125g pack Choco Leibniz Dark
- 300g fruit salad made out of a mix of strawberries, raspberries, redcurrants and blueberries or peaches, nectarines, grapes and apricots
- For the panna cotta soak gelatine as per pack instructions
- Mix the coconut milk with whipping cream, sugar, vanilla sugar and lime zest in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Take saucepan off the heat and remove the lime peel.
- Squeeze the water out of the gelatine and add to the saucepan and stir until dissolved, then add the lime juice.
- Cut the Choco Leibniz Dark lengthwise in half. Put 3 – 4 halves at a time with the Chocolate side facing outward in small bowls. Spoon the panna cotta mix into the bowl, smooth over with the back of your spoon and let it set in the refrigerator for an hour.
- To serve, garnish with a little of the fruit salad on top of the Panna Cotta, and serve the remaining fruit at the table.
If you give this recipe a whirl, why not share a picture of your finished masterpiece over on our Facebook page, or on Instagram? You can find us on Instagram @Bahlsen_UK!