Perfect Picnic with PiCK UP!
June 12, 2015
National Picnic Week starts tomorrow, and whilst we can't guarantee that there will be a weekend of sunshine ahead, we can make sure that you have some delicious picnic treats to enjoy come rain or shine!
Our Choco Cranberry Swirls are guaranteed to make the whole family's mouth water and they are so easy to make!
Makes 12 swirls
- 8 x PiCK UP! Milk Chocolate
- 200g whole wheat flour
- 2 level teaspoons baking powder
- 50g sugar
- 120g low fat quark
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 50ml milk
- Pinch of salt
- 20g melted butter
- 150g whipping cream
- 75g dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- Grease a mufffin tin, and preheat the over to 180C (160C for fan assisted ovens)
- Place the 8 PiCK UP! biscuits into a food processor and blend until the biscuits are crumbled.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Combine the flour and baking powder with the sugar, quark, oil, milk and salt, whisking together until it forms a smooth dough.
- Place the dough on a floured work-top and roll into an approximately 35cm x 30cm rectangle.
- Spread the melted butter over the entire top of the rectangle
- For the filling, put the crumbled PiCK UP! in a mixing bowl with the whipping cream, mix and then spread evenly over the top of the dough rectangle. Then sprinkle the dried cranberries over the top.
- Take the longest side of the dough and roll into a large sausage shape. Once all rolled up, then cut into 3cm slices,
- Place each side into a hole in the muffin tin. Place the tin into the preheated oven and bake for approx. 35 minutes.
- Remove the spirals from the oven and immediately brush them with the apricot jam and then leave to cool on a wire rack.
If you make some of these, be sure to send us a photo of your delicious creations over on our PiCK UP! Facebook page!