Bahlsen's Ultimate Pancake!
February 17, 2015
It's Shrove Tuesday, and that means one thing. MOUNTAINS of pancakes! Bored of the usual lemon and sugar combination, we decided at Bahlsen HQ to come up with our ultimate pancake filling using our delectable Dark Chocolate Choco Leibniz (Biscuits and pancakes. Combined. It's just too good to be true).
After much deliberation, we decided on a delicious Choco Leibniz-Banoffee pancake. Oozing with rich caramel sauce, sliced bananas, crumbled Choco Leibniz Dark Chocolate and a blob of cream to finish, this little beauty was tasty beyond words. All the amazing taste of a Banoffee Pie, wrapped up in a pancake.
At times like this, we wish that every day was Shrove Tuesday.
Bahlsen's Ultimate Banoffee Pancake:
Makes 4 pancakes
For the pancake mixture:
- 50g plain flour
- 150ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp sunflower oil, plus extra for frying
- A pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 2 bananas, sliced at an angle
- Toffee sauce/Dulce de Leche
- 1 pack Choco Leibniz Dark Chocolate, crushed
- 4 tbsp whipped double cream
1. Whisk all pancake mixture ingredients together to get a smooth batter. You will know if the mixture is the right thickness by gently pushing the bowl. If the mixture wobbles for 6 seconds, it's perfect! Add more milk to make the batter thinner, or flour to make it thicker as needed.
2. Heat your frying pan over a moderate heat, then wipe it with oiled kitchen paper. Ladle some of your batter into the pan, tilting the pan to move the mixture around for a thin and even layer. Cook on both sides until golden brown (usually around 30-45 seconds)
3. When ready, tip the pancake onto a plate. Spread some of the toffee sauce over the pancake, place the sliced bananas on top of this, and sprinkle the crushed Choco Leibniz Dark Chocolate over the top. Fold gently, and to finish, add a dollop of whipped cream, a couple of banana slices and a little more of the crushed Choco Leibniz.
If you decide to make this tonight, be sure to post a picture of your finished results to our Facebook page and we will give you some delicious Bahlsen biscuits in return! Click here for the Bahlsen Facebook page >>>